question about some gameplay aspects

Discussion in 'General Fortnite Discussion' started by Crosive, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Crosive

Crosive New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've watched videos, interviews, etc. I have a few questions for those of you that have played (if the nda allows it. if it doesn't, please tell me it doesn't and I'll understand.)

1. What is the durability I'm seeing on some of the weapons? Are they all this way? If so, is there a way to repair them? during a mission or after? perhaps what I'm seeing isn't a durability at all, as I've not seen any weapon "break" during gameplay.

2. I see that the health recharges a certain extent (looks to me about ~30%). How do you heal yourself beyond that? I see some footage of some sort of health pack, but is it a one time use, or rechargable type, etc?

3. does your "stash" of materials carry over every mission? Do you start off with a set amount at the beginning? how does that work?

thanks for your time.

2. Misku

Misku New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1) Ive seen a few weapons break before. Depends on the rarity before it breaks also.When you craft a weapon and carry that to other missions or you can share with your friends. Weapons you get from chest will not transfer over but disappear once the game ends.

2) (what ive seen) health stations recharge your health to full, medic packs do a percent. health stations can be placed with a skill, max 3 stations. Health does not recharge over time.

3) your materials will carry over to any game, if you use them you will need to find more. when you start the game you will start with 0 and max is 999. special mats to craft guns,traps etc will also transfer into your inventory. start tutorial will teach you all about mats,crafting etc.

3. Crosive

Crosive New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok I appreciate the reply.

4. Nekojin

Nekojin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What Misku says is incorrect.

Weapons you loot during a mission have very low durability, but you can and do carry them over once the mission ends. There is no difference in how the game treats something you crafted, and something you looted - the biggest difference is that you'll always know what to expect from a crafted weapon. You can trade any crafted items (weapons, traps) with other players without restriction. There is no way to repair weapons. If you want to use the same weapon regularly, you'll need to get the recipe for it, level the recipe up, and craft new ones when the old ones break.

Health stations do not restore all health. They restore a set amount, which CAN be more than your health pool. You can auto-heal up to a set amount - 25% or 30%, I can't recall. Beyond that needs a Heal skill or health station.